Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Conversation with God




Conversation with God:

me: Lord, I am asking for you to keep me safe; to keep my feet from slipping.

God: I gave you the gifts of discernment and common sense. Work with me, girl. Don't go outside!

~~~~~

The sidewalk and drive were icy and my car had layers of sleet and snow on it when I went out to get the paper. I realized there were three layers already before 6:00 a.m. The first was rain turning to very slick ice. It was followed by grainy, slippery pebbles of sleet. The third in progress is snow that seems almost slushy, but with cold temps will be freezing over the first.

As I watch the overpasses in Dallas and Ft. Worth crammed with stalled cars due to ice, I am extremely grateful that my very pregnant daughter is not going to have to make the icy commute to Arlington this morning. The weather folks are predicting that those lanes of traffic may be there for over an hour; surely resulting in many running out of gas in below zero wind chill. The camera lenses of the news reporters keep icing over, making the live cam shots very blurry. I recall the police chief's send off to his work force on Hill Street Blues: "Be careful out there!"

~~~~~~~

My steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not slipped.
Ps. 17:5

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her, and she will watch over you.
Prov. 4:6

Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you.
Prov. 2:11

No comments: