Friday, February 18, 2011

Grounded






I spent parts of yesterday helping with the new grandbaby and being able to see my kids and grandkids. It has been a blessing to spend time with them this past week. Lots of food, memories, sharing, and special times have transpired. But a room full of personalities, and emerging patterns of newer human beings mixed up with grown up and older ones can be exhausting!


I think I hit the wall physically and emotionally at about 5:30. I excused myself and headed for home and a hot shower, early to bed. On the way home I realized how tired I was as I watched the sky starting to change. God brought to mind an expression that 'we need to have our head in the clouds and our feet on the ground'. I knew that there were several patches of water that offered a stopping place to get 'grounded'. I could look at the heavenly realms and thank God for all my blessings here on Earth.

By the time I got home I felt physically not well. My feet were cold and my whole body ached. Don't know if it was contaminated food or a bug of some kind, or just exhaustion; but rest was the answer. So, I am 'grounded' for awhile today to take care of myself. Will have my head in the clouds as I cooperate with God in my healing. When the world wearies, I regain my strength to keep moving by leaning on the maker of the clouds and letting his arms lift me up, giving my soul rest.

~~~~~~~

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Eph. 1:3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Connie,

I too am grounded today (Monday, 21st). Waiting for the Lord to give me my energy back. I spent it all yesterday at your church and with my much loved family. Now today is for some rest. I just LOVE your photos, and have my paints out on the table. Ready to paint one of your landscapes. I need a better camera, so I can catch some old church steeples and clouds. Wanted to paint those sometime also. But...today is rest. Thanks for the inspriration. Liz