Friday, February 4, 2011

Many Grackles









I had a wonderful time spotting several birds down at the creek this noon. The pair of cardinals played hide and seek with me, but I was successful in getting them photographed. I noticed a pair of ducks on the creek in a section I had not seen before. They took off in flight as I got closer. Anyone know what the other birds are?

Even the grackles were quite lovely perched in the snow-covered boughs. I thought about how, if one substituted 'grackle' for 'sparrow', in the scripture of Matthew quoting Jesus per our worth, it would be more relational to us in the metroplex that are plagued by their growing numbers.

~~~~~~

There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known...Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul...are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matt. 10:26, 28-31

1 comment:

Connie said...

My b/i/l Kern identified the long-billed bird as a Wilson's snipe. I've been hunting snipes for almost 59 years and finally found one!!! (c;