Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday






Sometimes you just have to be grateful for what you didn't get to do in hindsight. I am glad ice didn't fall off Cowboys' Stadium onto my head. I am glad I didn't have to stand in line for two hours and then find out the seat I paid thousands for does not exist. I am glad I got to sit in front of my own TV, eating homemade enchiladas, and sneaking my grand daughter away to have a great splashy bath along with favorite Dora and Sponge Bob bath toys.

We had a Super Sunday all snuggled in and enjoying each other's company. One of the blessings of my age is that I am trusted by my daughters and their husbands to take care of their children. I know that they all love me and appreciate what I do for them. I think I had the best seat in Texas. The Packers might have gotten the trophy, Riley might have worn the tiara; but I know that Eric and I got the crown!

~~~~~~

Old people are proud of their grandchildren,
and children are proud of their parents.
Prov. 17:7

May your father and mother be glad;
may she who gave you birth rejoice!
Prov. 23:25

No comments: