Friday, February 4, 2011

Gloom and Doom




Granted, there are lots of complaints about the snow and condition of the roads throughout the country right now. But I am determined to keep my joy and spread some happiness instead of taking on the heaviness of gloom and doom. I took the gifts of a light heart and optimism out to my front yard to accomplish a snow sculpture. Little did I expect that I would get to make another giant flower pot out of snow like I was afforded after a generous snowfall last February here in Texas. We don't get snow that often, let alone enough to last more than a day or make a snowman.

I know that the moisture we get now will be very influential on the wildflower showing in a few months. Thus, the flower pot instead of a snowman. Snows and showers mean great wildflowers! I have a great expectancy for the spring blooms because of the needed moisture's arrival.

As I was outside playing in the snow the sun came out and I was able to work without a hat and heavy coat. I came in to find a scarf and drape to finish off the flower pot. It is my attempt to set a happy tone and influence the moods of passersby. I saw some young men walking by in the street as I was going back inside. I playfully told them not to pick my flowers. They looked at me like I had two heads. I laughed; they did not. I heard once that you should not get your knickers in a knot. It doesn't help and makes you walk funny! LOL

I am toasty warm except for a little leftover cold on my ears. I am ready to treat myself to a bowl of Thai Kitchen Lemongrass and Chili GF soup to which I added leftover peas and chicken breast from last night's dinner. Thank you Lord, that in the midst of the storm I have a light shining in my spirit, a warped sense of humor, and a tummy full of warm soup.

~~~~

Return, O my soul to your rest, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you...I kept my faith, even when I said, "I am greatly afflicted."
Psalm 116:6,7, 10

2 comments:

karen said...

Read all your recent posts here, sister. All wonderful! Your pictures are amazing. Keep it up. I think your new year has started off great!

Connie said...

Yes, Karen, I agree. I have been rejuvenated. God is bringing in new things to my life, and returning me to what strengthens and confirms my gifts! A beautiful snowfall to photograph and be creative with helped me to remember to play!