Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Challenge



Wildflowers have been on my mind as spring nears. Some of you may think my timing is a little premature that live farther north, but most years here in Texas I see my first Indian paintbrush by the end of February. As more houses are built and fields are swallowed up, the hidden hills of blooms are harder to find. Last year the lack of rain really put a cramp in the blooms, also. I was blessed to travel several places last year to experience the fragrant hillsides of several other states that had more abundant rainfall.

This is one of my favorite wildflower pictures. I took it in a field down in Ellis County near Ennis, Texas. These two looked like they were giving each other a hug.

My challenge is, since Valentine's Day approaches, to go out and give some hugs and smiles away. Let the Holy Spirit guide you to give freely the love that has been given to you. Remember, we love because He first loved us. It won't cost you a thing, and your heart will be blessed. Your mood will be elevated, your efforts will ripple out and multiply, and greatest of all; you will be fulfilling the two great commandments that cover all the law.

~~~~~~~~~

Jesus said,
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first greatest commandment.
And the second is like it;
Love your neighbor as yourself.
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I accept your challenge! Lots of {{{Hugs}}} to you, for a start. :D

Have a wonderful day celebrating love!