Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wild Orchid, Wild God






Missy's comment on the previous blog brought these beauties to mind. I found them while walking on a path near my friend's home on Evergreen mountain. The wonderful thing about getting out of the rigid mindset to enjoy a particular place at a particular time, with set expectations, is that God is Wild and will surprise and delight you with new things when you step out of the box. Wild hearts that submit to experiencing the wildness of God are in for a ride like no other!

I saw these wild orchids because I was visiting the mountain at a slightly different time than I usually did. I had never seen them on a previous trip because I had never been visiting at the time they were blooming. The unopened bloom reminds me of praying hands.

The previous post of the golden aspen-covered Kebler Pass happened in much the same way. My fall trip had to be scheduled a few weeks past when I usually went to see fall color in Colorado. It was likely that there would be snow and many of the leaves would be past their prime. (Notice my expectation to be disappointed!). Yet God gave me a vision promise that I would see snow on yellow leaves still on the trees. When you get to experience a season overlap like this it is a double blessing to be able to capture it in a photograph. The first picture was shot close to our cabin on the way home from Crested Butte during a morning snowfall. The snow was melting quickly with the brilliant morning sun. We were put in exactly the right place at the right time to see the glorious promise fulfilled. I'm thinking it will be my Christmas card next year.
~~~~~~~~~~~

He calls us to step out of the BOAT, and step out of the BOX!

Uphold me with thy free Spirit!

2 comments:

Chris C said...

How beautiful! I'm still hoping we can take a local trip to see some wild flowers this spring. Either to the gardens or just out in the country. I know we'll have fun. :)

Connie said...

I'm ready!
God will show us something amazing no matter when and where we go.