Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring Up!





This magnolia tree was naked except for these gigantic blooms. Without a leaf in sight the light streamed through them to show the network of life in each petal. No doubt spring is around the corner when these lovely flowers appear, each expressing her dance in the gracious and artful blending of angles, hues, and aromas as she unfolds and reveals her beauty.

~~~~
I delight greatly in the Lord;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me
with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe
of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns
his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself
with her jewels.
For as the soil makes
the sprout come up
and a garden causes
seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign Lord
will make righteousness
and praise spring up
before all nations.
Isaiah 61:10-11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Connie! Yesterday it was 72 in Canon City, CO. I went outside to clean up twigs and branches from the self-pruning willow out back and discovered the little, bright yellow crocus have popped up! Sunshine from the ground! LOL I see new leaf buds starting on my trees and lilac bushes ... tulips are pushing up, too! Praise God, it won't be long!

Chris C said...

I have a mockingbird singing outside my house this week. And, we saw a bluebird. I'm waiting for my barn swallows to return to their nest under our porch. I love spring. New beginnings!!