Monday, February 9, 2009

My cup runneth over...




My husband came home last night from a guy's ski trip in Utah. He had a great time with his buddies but was glad to come home to me. I missed him so much while he was gone. That is a good thing considering we will be married 37 years this June.

I cooked for my kids and grandkids one night while he was gone. There was lots of hugging going on. Charlie made a hugging game out of trying to get me to fix the dessert. It was a wonderful, close evening that I really needed. Acts of love given and received are the true measure of a life, don't you think?

I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband that loves me. I have kids and grandkids that love me. I have a mom and mother in law and extended family that like and love me. I have a hand full of amazing women friends that I really trust. They encourage me, play with me, hold me accountable, and have my back. I hope and trust that all these people know I love them. I try to tell them and show them in different ways, just in case they catch those messages in different 'languages' than me. If I measure my today in love, my cup runneth over.

The photo above is of Twin Falls, Idaho. The water was stunning, and the green was worthy of St. Patty's Day. We stayed quite awhile to take in the power of the overflowing waters.

~~~~

If I do not have love, I gain nothing.
1 Cor. 13:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie,
You and your gift of photography are such a blessing to me each and every day. Your heart runneth over with love and I just wanted to say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS.

Jennifer ;)

Connie said...

Jennifer,
It tickles me so much when someone gets blessed by the pictures! He put me in front of those things just for this reason: to give him glory and let the images go out to bless his children.

Love u girl!
<>< c