Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When he leaves town...




















PAINT!

Here are the results of my work today. I taped off, cleaned out corners, bought paint, and got the whole thing done from beginning to end. Reminded me of the times when my husband travelled earlier in our marriage. He would come home to a newly painted room. He is really good about it, because I do a good job and have an eye for color. I love to decorate on a dime and don't think he has ever not liked the result, so I am not taking too much of a risk.

I was really tired of all the builder beige. I haven't decided if I will glaze with a light gold/flotrol treatment.
Now, the rest of the story...
I found the tassel on the lamp for 25 cents at a garage sale. I found the satin box with tassel for a dime at a garage sale. I found the three trunks packed inside each other for 5 dollars. I found the metal flower tin for a buck. The picture frame was a Goodwill buy for $2.99. I added the cactus green accent with some of the wall paint. The wire-wrapped wooden cross was a garage sale find also.

The scroll metal piece, Home metal piece, and the two candle holders were all purchased at Hobby Lobby today 50 per cent off.
Did I tell you that I just love a bargain???!!!

I hope my husband will say upon his return,
A prudent wife is from the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie - Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding yourself to my few followers! I really like the color you painted your room and I'm sure your hubby will, as well. Really enjoy your time to yourself because it'll be back to the norm when hubby gets back home! LOL Enjoy this day ... Hugs!!!