Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh, Manna!



I wanted to make something romantic, and not from my usual gluten-free mixes, for dessert after dinner tonight. I remembered a recipe for a pineapple upside-down cake cooked in a cast iron skillet. Instead of the canned pineapple rings I substituted slices of fresh pear and put orange flavored craisins in the center to give the appearance of a blooming flower.

I made the recipe half again as much as ingredients called for, since I had a 12 inch skillet instead of a 10 inch. That is something done with much trepidation in gluten-free cooking. Slight changes can be disastrous. I let the cake cook 5 minutes longer because of the bigger size. Then I let it cool while I prayed that it would release with the design intact and the cake throughly done.

Oh, Manna! God blessed my efforts!
Can't wait to share it with my honey.
~~~~~

How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Ps. 119:103

4 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, Connie that is simple beautiful. I pray you two are having a memorable evening, grateful for the gift God has given you in each other.

Connie said...

Thank you for the blessing! Are you and Mr. Perfect getting away for a date???
Hugs to everyone at your house!
(c;

Missy said...

Connie, we went dancing! He twirls me around til I can't stop laughing - it was wonderful. I saw the photos of your special Valentines - they are so cute!

Connie said...

Missy,
Good on you! Laughing and dancing is a good thing for keeping romance alive!