Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spicy








I began watching the clouds at about 4:00 yesterday because the variety of God painted swirls and formations was holding much promise for a glorious sunset. I went back inside to get ready for dinner, and came outside again to see if they were still so incredible and varied. They were just beginning a touch of pink when we left for dinner.

My husband had called ahead for one of our favorite places, Gloria's. They fix wonderful San Salvadoran entrees as well as more typical Mexican food. On the much crowded highways there was no opportunity to stop and still be at the restaurant on time. When we drove into the parking lot the sky was on fire. The view was not hindered by buildings as it had been on the way over. God provides the setting and opens the way for the picture He plans.

The dinner was exceptional! I had a flatiron steak and shrimp with a chimichurri sauce. The salsa and black bean dip with chips was the best ever. And sharing the spicy meal and on-fire sky with my wonderful husband was perfect.

We returned home way too full, but had a cup of decaf to accompany a slice of the pear upside down cake.
Food, sky, and husband...all fiery hot! ha! ha!
God provided lots of flavor for our Valentine's celebration.
Wonderful spicy evening!

May love be abounding to and from you today!
<>< c

~~~

Jn. 15:12
Love one another as I have loved you.

1 comment:

... Paige said...

Thank you for the kind words and visit to my 365 Views blog.
I love sky photos, God is the bestest painter ever.
I'll post the Heart He made in the clouds soon.