Friday, February 6, 2009

FOXES









I purposefully went to Evergreen Mountain in my dreams last night. I miss seeing these beautiful foxes. I think the ones above represent three or four generations I have met while visiting in the spring and fall months. They are such exquisitely beautiful animals. I have had the pleasure of seeing a few of my favorites bring their kits by to see me.

It is hard to see the hierarchy of nature when you see the evidence of their hunting and being hunted. Even the pecking order of the birds coming to the feeder in the morning is quite a lesson in nature. But even with that reality ever present up on the mountain, I take a sighting of each creature as an extreme blessing. It was good to revisit them in my dreams last night.

My friends and I give blessings to the animals when they come by. I haven't had the pleasure as she has of blessing the bear on his hind legs stretched high and watching her bake in the kitchen. Oh my!

~~~~~

Preach the gospel to every creature...
Mk. 16:15

No comments: